Minimum required Kommander
|Submitted: Jul 3 2006|
Updated: Jul 4 2006
Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private networking application.
In other words Hamachi is a program that allows you to arrange multiple computers into their own secure network just as if they were connected by a physical network cable.
Hamachi is fast, secure and simple. Its core version is also free.
Change log for Hamachi/Linux client.
Started with version 0.9.9.9-8
== 0.9.9.9-20 ==
* Fixed a bug causing the daemon to segfault in the event of
some peer going offline.
== 0.9.9.9-17 ==
* Fixed link layer framing of de-tunneled IP multicast packets.
Previously destination address was incorrectly set to host's
MAC instead of 01:00:5e:xx:xx:xx.
== 0.9.9.9-16 ==
* Fixed a bug in a tunneling code that under certain conditions
caused daemon to die with SIGABRT when transferring large
amounts of data.
== 0.9.9.9-15 ==
* Fixed a bug causing the daemon to behave erratically under certain
conditions over slow/lossy links
* Modified hamachi-init to set an access mask for private key to 0400
and to 0444 for public key
== 0.9.9.9-14 ==
* Fixed a bug that caused Hamachi daemon to terminate unexpectedly
when more than one 'hamachi login' commands were issued in a rapid
== 0.9.9.9-13 ==
* Added support for tunneling routed packets, ie packets that are not
destined to peer's 5.x.x.x address. This is *very* powerful feature.
Consider for example two separate LANs both connected to the I-net.
One LAN is 10.1.1.0/24, another - 10.2.2.0/24 and their default
gateways are running Hamachi clients with 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 IPs
Adding the following routes -
ip route 10.2.2.0/24 via 188.8.131.52 dev ham 0 (on LAN1 gateway)
ip route 10.1.1.0/24 via 184.108.40.206 dev ham 0 (on LAN2 gateway)
will enable LAN-to-LAN communications via Hamachi tunnel that exists
between the gateways.
== 0.9.9.9-12 ==
* Modified command-line portion of Hamachi to cope gracefully with
redirects. v11 was errorneously treatin redirects as login failures
and produced confusing console message.
== 0.9.9.9-11 ==
* Added support for 'redirect' message, which is required to connect
to the next-gen Hamachi backend servers
== 0.9.9.9-10 ==
* Increased acceted size of network passwords from 63 to 255 characters
* Added 'hamachi evict' command
* Added rudimental shaping of p2p traffic. Both TX and RX UDP transmission
rates can now be capped. Define the following values in ~/.hamachi/config
This caps are applied to tunneled IPv4 traffic only, and they are applied
globally (ie not on per-tunnel basis). For example -
will restrict outbound packet rate to 8 KB/s.
== 0.9.9.9-9 ==
* this release was skipped
== 0.9.9.9-8 ==
* Added an option of keep-aliving tunnels. When enabled, it will cause
Hamachi to send out small UDP packet over the tunnel if there was no
outbound traffic for a specified number of seconds. Default value is
To modify the value add the following line into ~/.hamachi/config:
where 123 is an idle timeout in seconds. Minimum allowed values is 10.
To disable tunnel keep-alives, set KeepAlive to 0.
* Rebuilt -pentium package as previous version (0.9.9.9-7) was statically
linked against non-pentium libcrypto library.
The software agent and service herein (the "Client") is provided by Applied Networking Inc. ("Applied Networking"), a company pursuant to the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
1. License. Applied Networking grants the End-User a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free license to install and use the Client including software, documentation and any fonts accompanying this License whether on disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form.
2. Permitted Uses and Restrictions. This License allows the End-User to install and use the Client. Except as expressly permitted in this License, the End-User may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Client in whole or part or transmit the Client over a network. THE CLIENT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN ANY OPERATION OF ANY FACILITIES, IN WHICH CASE THE FAILURE OF THE CLIENT COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. The End-Users rights under this License will terminate automatically without notice if the End-User fails to comply with any term(s) of this License. This License shall terminate upon the End User's cessation to use the Client lawfully having regard to the terms of service between the End User and its Internet Service Provider. Upon termination of this License, the End User shall uninstall any software in respect of the Client.
3. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Applied Networking OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CLIENT OR DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF APPLIED NETWORKING OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO THE END-USER.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty on Software. The End-User expressly acknowledges and agrees that use of the Client is at the End-User's sole risk. The Client is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and APPLIED NETWORKING AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Applied Networking AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE CLIENT WILL MEET THE END-USER'S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE CLIENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE CLIENT WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, Applied Networking AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CLIENT OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY APPLIED NETWORKING, ITS LICENSORS OR ANY AGENT SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD THE CLIENT PROVE DEFECTIVE, THE END-USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO THE END-USER.
5. Hacking etc. Applied Networking and its Licensors shall not be responsible or liable to Customer or any End User for any acts of fraud, theft, misappropriation, tampering, hacking, interception, piracy, misuse, misrepresentation, dissemination, or other legal or unauthorized activities of third parties.
6. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Client and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by Applied Networking.