Depends on KDE 4.x
|Submitted: Sep 27 2005|
Updated: Feb 25 2009
KBlogger development has stalled lately and I propose using Bilbo, unless somebody comes up and works on KBlogger. Bilbo has almost the same concept,which was planned for KBlogger. I'll focus on KBlog (the library in kdepimlibs), which is used by Bilbo as well and maybe do a plasmoid which will be like the KDE3 kblogger.
Recent sources are in KDE svn at: svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/pim/kblogger"
If you seriously are willing to work on KBlogger to push a 1.0 release (which should be still quite some work) you can contact me on email@example.com .
KBlogger pre1.0 is a kicker-applet for quick blogging, like gnome-blog. Just push the blog button and blog!
It supports the Meta-Weblog-Api, which is supported by most blogs, and Blogger API 1.0.
KBlogger beginning from 1.0 is a full fledged blog manager for KDE 4. It supports Blogspot, Wordpress, Drupal and LiveJournal accounts. In general all blog backends/servers that support MovableType/MetaWeblog/Blogger1.0 or GData are supported, which are quite a lot.
DEPENDENCIES: You need kdebase-dev-4.0.0 and kdepimlibs-dev-4.0.0 (which depends on qt-4.3.3, kdelibs-4.0.0, kdelibs-dev-4.0.0 and kdepimlibs-dev-4.0.0).
THE KDE4 VERSION IS ALPHA CODE AT THE MOMENT, ONLY USE IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.
Additional infos can be found on the webpage.
- much improved auto-configuration
- changed but still buggy media management
- a zillion bugfixes and rewrites
- fixed profile deletion
- close import media dialog on ok
- update the html preview on style fetching
- Mediamanagement is rough and thumbnail creation is hardcoded and thumbnails are not handled correctly
- stripped API code out and do that in kdepimlibs/kblog as a lib now(me)
- KBlog supports GData and MovableType now and is a really good codebase when compared to before. It is even hard to compare ;-) (me)
- Port and build a KDE 4 application on top of it (Antonio)
- KBlogger supports autoconfiguration now (me)
- Multiple blog profiles supported (Antonio)
- Media manager with automatic import and thumbnail creation.(Antonio and me)
- Preview for Webpages (Antonio and me)
- Offline draft handling (Antonio)
- Trash support (Antonio)
- Richtext editing improved (Antonio)
- Editor improved (Antonio and me)
- View and modify existing posts (Antonio)
File issues, especially with autoconfiguration and crashes here for now please! Don't forget to post a backtrace (needs a debug build) and relevant information! Once we are in extragear, you can use bugs.kde.org for proper bug reports.
- Convert local time to UTC beforce creating new posts first.
- Properly close the editor on "esc"
- Fix the tab order
- removed the stupid css handling code
- passive error messages
- new editor with preview function
- utf8 finally fixed!
- other fixes
- still dateTime issues in wordpress due to a bug in wordpress
- added GUI for changing dateTime (thanks Antonio!)
- improved the GUI
- added the possibility to add plain HTML code (i hope it works with correctly)
- well actually i've only reverted the datetime behaviour to 3.5 )
- automatic blogid fetching and showing blog name info
- richtext edit
- file uploading ( metaweblog )
- posts editing through right click menu ( metaweblog )
- many bugfixes
- improved error handling and information
- added german translation
- added automatic category fetching for MetaWeblog API ( Blogger API doesn't support it )
- fixed/added editor error handling
- new backend from the kdepim/blogging resource. Blogger API 1.0 works again
- fixed configuration dialog
- added category support
- new icon (thx to Kenneth Wimer)
- new documentation (thx to Harald Sitter)
- bugfixes, cleanup
0.4.1 (thx to harald!)
- changed fsf address
- made the desktop file freedesktop spec compatible
- sorted out a build issue according to: http://developer.kde.org/documentation/makefile_am_howto/en/_makefile_am_for_a_plugin_or_module_.html
- removed unneeded files and folders
- changed the backend to kio-http
- maybe it also works with a proxy now?
- improved error handling
- simplified configuration dialog
- improved error-handling
- added some documentation
- improved all widgets:
- fixed deletion of the message if an error occurs
- added tooltips in configuration
- added spellchecking
- added basic error-handling
- added publish option
- improved all widgets
- added blogger.com/blogspot (not tested!, since i have no blogger.com account) support, new apis should be easy to add now