|Depends on Kommander|
|Submitted: Aug 7 2008|
Updated: Dec 15 2009
HEY ! This will be the last version ever of this application. I'm really sorry, but have no time to adapt this app to KDE4 and nor have any documentation or good support for Kommander in KDE4 that make it easy enough to migrate. If some of you want to do this work, feel free of doing so and I will gladly answer to all questions about this apps.
This last version brings two little enhancement/correction I've been implementing months ago. See Changelog for informations.
Good luck with KDE 4, folks.
M.O.V.E. is a simple video encoder with profiling ability.
It can save your own ways of encoding in specific profiles.
M.O.V.E. replaces NetVideoEncoder and is an extended version of MeizuVideoEncoder.
Works under most recent Linux KDE distros : Kubuntu, openSuse, Linspire, Mandriva, Slackware, Debian...
- "Soft Skipping" option to get smoother videos
- save settings and load them totally or only for encoding options.
- direct encoding on destination/player
- force erase of existing target files
- skip encoding for existing target files
- generate name prefix for target files
- delay option to correct some audio/video delay problems
- graphic equalizer and volume slider to optimize sound of encoded videos
- optimized options for the basic video encoding
- right click "Actions" menu item in Konqueror and Dolphin
- works directly from your Mozilla cache folder with youtube's videos
- "Script mode" feature, to edit and run the encoding command(s) in console mode
- remaining free space management option and dialog
- Interactive image settings and testing for color, brightness etc.. + zoom feature
- Subtitles management with subtitles file browser
- Mplayer control box
- 1 to 4 pass encoding for better video quality.
- profile management to design your own application option defaults
- FLV encoding
- QCIF and QCIF+ video resolutions are available
- SVI format encoding for Samsung PMPs (experimental)
- Nautilus-actions pack has been added to this download page. Just unzip and read the install file to get it to work.
- special Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) version. Please install all required packages as on Hardy Heron version.
Thanks to Silas from MeizuMe Forum.
WARNING : this special "Ubuntu" version has not got yet all dialog functionalities and progress dialog may appear incompletely (needs adaptation to dbus for KDE4). Please, simply use the "Console Mode" to be sure to have full encoding features.
Based on Rexx scripts and Kommander.
regina-rexx packages must be installed (included with most distros : openSuse, Ubuntu).
This application also needs the whole Mplayer package (mplayer+mencoder) and at least kommander 1.3 with last KDE 3.5.9 version.
Please, unzip the file to your home location and launch the setup.sh by typing ./setup.sh in a terminal (open it with F4 key within the unzipped folder under konqueror or dolphin for example) or by selecting the setup.sh under konqueror and using ctrl+E key to execute it in a window.
Then the install dialog is quite simple to follow.
See the INSTALL text for more information about setup/uninstall (in doc/[lang]/ folder).
Miscellaneous notes :
This package includes english translation. The original package is written in french.
Profile list boxes multiple selection in "extras" tab will only work with KDE 3.5.9/10 environment (for example, minimal supported ubuntu version is 8.04).
Profiles can be downloaded here
Just insert the content of the file after the line "[(kde installation folder string)/kmdr-M.O.V.E./M.O.V.E..kmdr]" in the kommanderrc file under (your home)/.kde/share/config folder. Be careful, not to corrupt this file and so, make a copy of it before modifying it.
Feel free of reporting any install or use problem.
- New common utilities version with name caption in main application window
- Fixes a problem with loading of accentuated settings file name.
- scale/zoom limitation to 160% has been added for HD720 image format.
- minor display adjustments : extras filters checkboxes height slightly increased
- script mode is mandatory for Ubuntu 8.10 version and will stay so until some documentation is written for dbus/Kdialog management
Previous update of this page :
No changes : just added a nautilus-actions pack.
1r0.2 ubuntu 8.10 version :
- no functionnal changes, just differs by usage of kdesudo instead of kdesu in setup script.
- minor bug in test keycode mode for mplayer controls
- minor display bug for "Extras" frame while playing videos
- minor display bug fixing on combobox refreshing when changing selections of elements of the list. This didn't work as it was working for profile loading
My Own Video Encoder => NVE fork
- SVI encoding formats have been added for Samsung PMPs
See Release_notes file for more information about previous versions.