Maxemum TV-Guide is a KDE TV-guide. It is developed in C++, based on QT/KDE and uses XMLTV as it's back end to grab listings. At present there are backends grabbing TV listings for Australia, Belgium and Luxemburg, Brazil, Britain and Ireland, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary and Romania, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, North America, Norway, Portugal, Reunion Island (France), South Africa, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Some of Maxemum TV-Guide's features are:
* easy-to-use user interface
* quick channel(s)-only selection
* custom channel names and icons
* category filter
* hidden in tray while not used
* title-, actor- and description search
* favourite show highlighting
* blacklisting of shows
* realtime updates with colour encoded time
* automatic grabbing of TV-listings
* custom channel icon size
* a popup window alerting the user when favourite show starts
* execution of an external command upon user alerts
* favourite overview with quick removal
* realtime progress
* and more..
---[ v7.3.2 ]---[ 2007-03-03 ]---
* new translation: Slovak, by Jozef Riha
* new translation: Italian, by Matteo Azzali
* norwegian translation has been improved, by Leif Mathis Gaup
* french translation has been improved, by Starcrasher
* german translation has been improved, by Philipp Matthias Hahn
* episode Title-patch by nhjm449 applied
* bug-fix in parser (MTVG crashed if an icon-tag was located in a programme-tag)
---[ v6.2.18lang ]---[ 2006-06-07 ]---
This release include internationalization, added languages are:
+ Norwegian, by Leif Mathis Gaup
+ German, by Philipp Kiessler
+ French, by Starcrasher
If you would like to help out and translate MTVG to your native language, please check out the .POT-file in the tar-ball! Use KBabel, GTranslator or similar for translation. Cheers lads, and thanks for all your support and mails!
---[ Time fix ]---[ 2006-04-30 ]---
I made a quick update for you guys that recently turned your clocks ahead for the summer. If the clock turning caused problems with MTVG, please recompile MTVG with these new files [mtvg.sf.net/timefix], and set the time offset in Preferences->General. Cheers!
---[ v6.2.18 ]---[ 2006-02-18 ]---
This release is for all of you people requesting custom channel icons! =) Some minor bugs have been fixed and new users will now be presented with an extract from the README at startup.
---[ v5.10.26 ]---[ 2005-10-26 ]---
This is a release with minor changes, apart from the one big thing - the forum! Every show now has it's own forum! Just right click on a show, select Forum and you're ready to start a debate. A summary of the changes:
* every show now has it's own forum!
* moved preferences tab to separate window
* resizable reminder dialogue when details are shown (request)
* quit button in main window (request)
* performance optimizations (please note that some results in lost custom channel names when upgrading)
* bug fix in parser (tv_grab_de_tvtoday , and possibly other grabbers, works better now)
---[ Fix (DE) ]---[ 2005-10-10 ]---
This is a temporary fix for all users in Germany (and possibly others?). Due to a faulty way of parsing the channel name, the channel names wouldn't show in the channel column in mtvg when using the german tv_today-grabber. Replace the files at [mtvg.sf.net/degrab] and recompile mtvg, that should do the trick! Sorry about the inconvenience!
---[ v5.10.3 ]---[ 2005-10-05 ]---
This release includes mostly user requests! New features are:
* more new user friendly
* two new views; search view (request) and full view
* time- and column separators (request)
* manual show column width (request)
* custom channel sorting
* doubleclick on show to toggle description
* category filter (request)
* go to next day at defined daystart (request)
* some performance optimizations and rewrites
* patch (for the US and others) applied; "default channel name fix". Thanks to nhjm449!
* reorganized prefs-tab for lower resolutions (request)
* minor bug fixes
---[ v5.9.12 ]---[ 2005-09-14 ]---
This release includes new xml-tags in descriptions, channel icons with custom size, a new (and less annoying) channel renaming system, show blacklisting, automatic checking for new versions of mtvg while updating listings and a bugfix in the reminder system.
---[ v5.8.8 ]---[ 2005-08-08 ]---
This release fixes some bugs in the design and presents a better looking presentation of time and time navigation. It is also now possible to customize channel names.
---[ v5.7.8 ]---[ 2005-07-10 ]---
In this release the reminder dialogue (which alerts the user when a favourite show starts) has been updated. Now there is a progress bar showing how much of the show that has passed. The dialogue auto-closes when the show ends (remaining countdown). Finally, it is now possible to check out the details of the show right in the reminder dialogue!
Bugfix: the application no longer shuts down if the reminder dialogue is closed instead of using the "Thanks!" button.
---[ v5.4.28 ]---[ 2005-04-28 ]---