Minimum required KDE 4.x
|Submitted: Nov 17 2007|
Updated: Aug 12 2010
Lemon is an open source point of sale for linux and other unix systems. It is targeted for the small and medium sized business, and has been conceived for ease of use.
It is a qt4/KDE4 application, so you must have installed kde4
It is considered a general point of sale, not focused to a specific sector. It can be used at a general store, a fast-food restaurant or a book store.
LemonPOS is translated to the following languages:
Portuguese BR -partially-
These are some features:
Tested with a parallel port ticket printer and a Star Micronics SP-100 thermal printer
Tested with a barcode scanner
It is probably that works with touch screens
It supports product photos
It has a grid view
It supports Group of products
It supports Special Orders (custom products)
and many other things...
CHANGELOG FOR LEMONPOS VERSION 0.9.3
- BUGFIX : AddTax feature is adding the tax to the total amount. ***IMPORTANT FIX***
- BUGFIX : Product Editor now calculates the right compound tax for groups. ***IMPORTANT FIX***
- BUGFIX : Added DISCOUNTS (offers) capability for Special Orders ***IMPORTANT FIX***
This fixes also discounts considedered in tax calculation for
Special Orders. Also fixes the taxes calculation for Special Orders.
- BUGFIX : SpecialOrders/Custom Products (extra ticket) notes printing fixed.
- BUGFIX : SpecialOrders/Custom Products when completing order the tax is ***IMPORTANT FIX***
- BUGFIX : SpecialOrders/Custom Products when incrementing/decrementing it ***IMPORTANT FIX***
the discount and total for the item is not calculated properly.
- BUGFIX : When selling Custom Products and adding more than one, the client is the same
for all custom products, its not allowed to change the client
and delivery date when adding another custom product.
- BUGFIX : Adding fix_roles.sql script to fix the roles on database. Run this on 0.9.2 or older databases.
- BUGFIX : Crash when using the Products Table View by default.
- BUGFIX : Squeeze Freezes when adding a new user, under certain conditions. May influence kernel version.
This bug is related to /dev/random. Now hash function uses /dev/urandom,
and the mouse need to be moved during the 'add user' action.
- BUGFIX : Unable to delete offers. This bug was present on older versions but with the Products table.
This is Related to QSqlTableModel class. To fix it, an own delete method was coded.
- BUGFIX : Offers Editor's validate method (date,amount,product) fixed.
- BUGFIX : Undefined values for balanceId and totalTax in the transaction table, only for purchases.
- BUGFIX : When editing a group in squeeze, the available products to add to the group, shows the
group products and raw products in the source products list.
- BUGFIX : Some transactions (tickets) were hidden in the "Reprint ticket" function.
- BUGFIX : On Special Order Editor, when selecting items from left list and adding to the right list
and having some in the right list, the price is not calculated as it should be.
- IMPROVEMENT : Product Editor now allows ZERO tax for products that need to be this way (tax free products).
- IMPROVEMENT : Increased refresh time for the model views (all tables on Squeeze), they refresh every
2 minutes instead of 5 seconds.
- IMPROVEMENT : Special Orders delivery date now is printed in the format: 'Mon 21 May, 4:30 PM'.
- IMPROVEMENT : Special Orders are now allowed to be marked as delivering on the same day.
- IMPROVEMENT : Now special Orders notes are up to 800 characters long.
- IMPROVEMENT : Some important fields (group elements, items in transactions...) are expanded to 1000 chars,
and other to 255 from lower values.
- IMPROVEMENT : Removed empty transactions from the Resume Sale selector. This empty transaction (only one)
is the one created at lemon start, it will be deleted on lemon exit.
- IMPROVEMENT : A lower limit for payment set to 1.00 in the Special Order Editor.
- IMPROVEMENT : The taxes and price for groups are calculated when needed by lemon. To report the correct tax and price.
- IMPROVEMENT : A splitter between the products grid and the purchase list in lemon. To allow resize them.
- IMPROVEMENT : Ticket Redesign to improve readability.
- UPDATE : Some translations where updated (de,es,fr).
- NOTE 1 : Special Orders can have two types of discounts simultaneously:
1.- On each component of the order (raw product)
2.- Occasional discount OR Client discount. Occasional discount only for the current
transaction ( prepayment, completing the order ) if you need on BOTH is needed to
add the occasional discount on each stage (prepayment, completing the order)
- NOTE 2 : Groups can have two types of discounts simultaneously:
1.- On the group product (the container).
2.- Occasional discount OR Client discount.
Group price and tax is calculated based on its components, at the needed moment.
The group has a Price-drop that is a discount % applied on each of its components. This is
used to calculate the group price and tax. For this reason, the group price, cost and taxes
are not editable on squeeze.
- NOTE 3 : If you are updating your database from 0.8.x version (or earlier) to a 0.9.X version then you
will need to run the "fix_roles.sql" script in the lemonpos/database_resources/ folder.
The symptom for running the fix_roles.sql script is that the "admin" user will be rejected as
an administrator, but you still login lemon with these user to sell things, but not for apply
occasional discounts or remove items or configure lemon ( unless LowSecurity mode is activated).