|Depends on KDE 4.x|
|Submitted: Aug 29 2011|
Updated: Nov 10 2011
Modified version of KDE 4.7 taskbar applet and taskmanager library.
1. Show only icons (no text) in taskbar.
2. When a launcher is activated, place the task\'s taskbar entry at the same location as the launcher.
3. Tasks with no associated launcher, are placed after launcher tasks (unless alphabetically sorted).
4. Always group tasks.
5. Only allow launchers for items with .desktop files
6. Add a dialog to manually set the association from a window to a .desktop file - so that launcher can be created.
7. Add option to activate/iconify whole group when left button is pressed (taken from SmoothTasks). If disabled, then present windows is used for the group.
8. Use oxygen \'+\' icon to indicate a collpased group.
9. Use middle button to launch new instance of a task.
10. Attempt to place start-up spinner over launcher/task.
11. Add option to always use the launcher icon for taskbar entry - even when app is active. This works-around the issue where some applications (e.g. LibreOffice) have a different launcher/menu icon than the actual app uses.
12. Workaround an issue with a tasks attention state.
13. More tasks shown in tooltips.
14. Close tasks via tooltips.
15. Show right-click menu for task in tooltips.
16. Option to show job progress over task icon.
17. DockManager API support
18. Media player buttons in tooltips
19. Unity API
1. Allow DockManager "icon-file" to refer to an icon name.
2. Add DockManager API extension (capability "x-kde-dock-item-overlay", dock item property "x-kde-overlay") to allow plugins to specify an overlay icon to be placed top-left of icon.
3. Dont attempt to get commandline for pid 0 - seems to crash KSysGuard library.
4. Use plasma themed close icon for tooltips.
5. Clear any exising entries before showing recent documents menu.
6. When reloading xbel/office recent documents, only clear old documents of that type.
7. When an action is marked as a separator, add a separator to the menu - just adding the action leads to an entry that looks like a menu title.
8. Read LibreOffice 3.4 recent documents from recently-used.xbel
9. Fix DockManager::GetItemsByPid
1. When changing tooltip from one item to the next, call the toolTipHidden slot - so that the item can unregister from the tooltip signals.
2. Fix compilation with KDE less than 4.7
3. Fix dockmanager plugin sub-menus.
4. If compiled against KDE 4.8, dont need IconTask specific taskmanager.
1. Use KSysGuard libraries to read process information.
2. Only ever show the separator if we actually have some launchers.
3. Rename taskmanagerrc to taskmanagerrulesrc
4. Middle click on tooltip is same as middle click on task.
5. Add middle click option - "Move To Current Desktop"
6. When manually moving launchers/tasks, move immediately rather than showing the drop indicator. The previous behaviour may be re-enabled by passing -DICON_TASKS_SHOW_DROP_INDICATOR_FOR_MOVE=true to cmake.
7. If there are too many windows for tooltip, display "Plus X more..."
8. Better calculation of rws and columns in tooltip.
9. Fix not being able to interact with first launcher/entry whilst a task is starting.
10. Fix totally broken dockmanager config UI.
11. Dont check if filename changes dock dockmanager, always update if an icon name is set.
12. Only store 1 container of launchers - not map for launchers, and list for sort order.
13. Fix detection of kcmodule launchers.
14. Try not to use exec() to open config dialogs, so as to not freeze plasma!
15. Remove usage of custom properties in QActions for menus.
16. Use standard KOpenWithDialog to select applications. Allows creation of non-desktop based launchers.
17. Save launcher lock state in applet, not taskmanager library.
18. All changes to taskmanager library are now in KDE/master. Because of this there is no 'basic' menu setting, as the menus have been re-arranged. The only difference between IconTasks's taskmanager and KDE (as of 4.8) taskmanager is the name of the Advanced sub menu. In KDE/master this is now know as "More Actions"
19. Don't set DESKTOP_SESSION to ubuntu, UnityFox has been updated an version 0.2.2 no longer requires this. For an updated UnityFox see: