|Submitted: Dec 21 2011|
Updated: 2 days ago
Cantata is a (yet another!) client for the music player daemon (MPD). Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, the code is now *very* different. Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application. The interface is very configurable - most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Currently Cantata has the following views:
1. Library - sorted as Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), Album, and finally Track.
2. Albums - displays albums as icons, sorted by their title.
3. Folders - displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
5. Dynamic - dynamic playlists
6. Streams - allows saving of internet radio URLs, searching for stations via TuneIn or ShoutCast, station listings from; Digitally Imported (+Sky, JazzRadio, RockRadio), TuneIn, IceCast, ShoutCast, SomaFM, etc.
7. Online - Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts
8. Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices, and ripping AudioCDs
The sidebar has a context menu, allowing you to control its style and what items are shown.
Refer to http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Client:Cantata, and https://cantata.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/README, for further information.
1. Remove unused var warning when compiling without online services.
2. Remove some moc/QObject warnings in KDE builds without streams or http server.
3. Update current song to scrobble, even if disabled, so that when enabled we can scrobble.
4. Seems like MPDSribble itself is broken with regards to sending "love" status, so remove MPDScribble from list of scrobblers.
5. Last.fm replies are XML, so decode these properly!
6. Don't log scrobbler session key to debug file.
7. Remove extra margin in podcast settings dialog.
8. When adjusting track numbers in tag editor, start from first actual track.
9. Only enable 'center on current track' action if there is a current track.
10. Use comma to split multiple genres in tooltip and table views.
11. Don't URL encode scrobble keys, just values.
12. If now playing has been sent, track has not been scrobbled, then when track is played after beeing paused for more than 5 seconds resend now playing.
13. Rescrobble, and re-send now playing, if track is repeated.
14. Exceptions are required for all non Qt5 builds.
15. Fix crash in settings dialog when some system-tray options removed.
16. Use QIcon::fromTheme to set system-tray icon.
17. Fix compilation with older ffmpeg versions.
18. Fix compilation with taglib versions older than 1.8
19. Use KDE cmake macro to enable exceptions in KDE builds.
20. Don't alter text of 'Other Views' tab in preferences dialog if streams, online, and device support are disabled - as there are still 2 views; folders and search.
21. Only remove cached scaled covers if updated via cover dialog.
22. If auto-splitter hide is disabled, then restore sizes.
23. ReplayGain settings only valid for MPD v0.16 onwards.
24. Don't center align context view headers and images - as this does not always work for images.
25. Attempt to align song view selector with header.
26. Remove 'Add albums in random order' from search view context menu.
27. Remove mention of streams from initial settings wizard file settings.
28. Fix updating of playqueue background when option changed in preferences dialog.
29. Fix reading of playqueue, and context, backdrop settings.
30. Fix uneven view heights when touch friendly setting is enabled.
Main new features in this release:
1. Use external helper app to read/write tags. Isolates Cantata from TagLib crashes.
2. Lyrics auto-scroll.
3. Option to auto-switch to context view.
4. Toolbar reorganisation.
5. Comment tag support for tag-editor and dynamic playlists.
6. Attempt to respect menubar usage of current DE.
7. Reduce memory used by covers.
8. Artists and albums with new tracks shown in bold.
9. 'Touch Friendly' option - increases button widths, and makes views flickable.
10. Multiple genre support.
11. Streams now stored in '[Radio Streams]' MPD playlist. Compatible with MPDroid development version.
12. Use MusicBrainz AlbumId (if set) to differentiate albums. This helps if you have multiple releases of the same album.
13. Search for streams via dirble.
14. Reduce supplied stream providers to IceCast, ShoutCast, Drible, and TuneIn. Provide dialog to download others from Google drive.
15. Qt-only by default.
17. Show song lyrics, information, and tags, in context view.