|Submitted: Dec 21 2011|
Updated: Mar 23 2015
Cantata is a (yet another!) client for the music player daemon (MPD). Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, the code is now *very* different. Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application. The interface is very configurable - most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Currently Cantata has the following views:
1. Library - sorted as Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), Album, and finally Track.
2. Albums - displays albums as icons, sorted by their title.
3. Folders - displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
5. Dynamic - dynamic playlists
6. Streams - allows saving of internet radio URLs, searching for stations via TuneIn or ShoutCast, station listings from; Digitally Imported (+Sky, JazzRadio, RockRadio), TuneIn, IceCast, ShoutCast, SomaFM, etc.
7. Online - Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts
8. Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices, and ripping AudioCDs
The sidebar has a context menu, allowing you to control its style and what items are shown.
Refer to http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Client:Cantata, and https://cantata.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/README, for further information.
1. Fix Ubuntu Touch builds.
2. When refreshing search menu, clear items first!
3. Fix setting of cover when existing cover is embedded in music file.
4. Fix OSX executable name for case-sensitive filesystems.
5. Hide ratings widgets, etc, in tag editor for devices and Mopidy, etc.
6. Use Control+Alt+Number as shortcut to toggle an output.
7. Don't allow to set short-cuts for actions that are menus.
8. Add high-dpi support to Linux and Windows Qt5.4 builds.
9. When calculating ReplayGain, if peak value is less than 0.00001 then assume the calculation is invalid.
10. When parsing podcast RSS, if episode is marked as video (e.g. video/mp4) but the url ends in an audio extension then it is proably an audio podcast.
11. Correctly initialise seach category.
12. Fix potential crashes on refresh.
13. Fix duplicate notification when Cantata is started whilst playing, or when 'Replace Play Queue' is used.
14. Only show output change notification if outputs menu was not previously empty.
15. Construct a new config object, rather than changing group, to avoid any race conditions.
16. If fading volume on stop, then reset volume just before stopping. Some outputs (e.g. pulse audio) only allow setting a volume whilst playing.
17. If 'url' entry is empty in 'enclosure' section of podcast RSS file, then use 'guid' text as url - if possible.
18. Fix copying of covers to UMS, etc, devices if song is transcoded.
19. Add an option for 64 bit non KDE linux builds to install helper apps to lib64 instead of just lib. Pass -DCANTATA_HELPERS_LIB_DIR=lib64 to cmake.
20. In tag editor, only mark rating as changed if it has been.
21. For Linux non-KDE builds, use login1 interface to detect system resuming.
22. Enable scrobble 'love' button even if scrobbling is disabled.
23. Don't crash when detecting an audio CD with no tracks.
24. When playing a digitally imported (or JazzRadiom, etc) stream from the favourites section, then modify the URL if the user has a premium account (to match what existing behaviour is stream is played from the station list)
25. Workaround build issues with SpeexDSP 1.2rc2
26. Use correct stream icon in playqueue for streams with no song details.
27. Fix FreeBSD build.
28. Respect carriage returns when displaying comments in context view.
29. Fix replaygain calculation when ffmpeg is using planar formats.
30. Enable 'save' button when reading ratings from multiple files.
31. Fix cantata-remote script (used for Unity launcher integration) when this uses qdbus.
32. Fix display of rating in tag dialog when only 1 file is being edited.
33. Fix fetching of ratings in table style playqueue.
34. Don't convert -ve track, disc, or years to unsigned - set to 0.
35. Bundle openSSL libs with windows builds.