Depends on KDE 4.x
|Submitted: Mar 18 2008|
Updated: Feb 1 2013
Audex is an audio grabber tool for CD-ROM drives based on KDE 4.
Audex creates profiles for LAME, OGG Vorbis (oggenc), FLAC, MP4/M4A/AAC (faac) and RIFF WAVE. Please install your favorite encoder.
Of course for WAVE no external encoder is needed!
Beyond you can define custom profile, which means, that audex works together with commmand line encoders in general.
You can define extensive filename schemes. Please take a look at the documentation on the Audex webpage to see what's possible.
Some features are:
* Extracting with CDDA Paranoia. So you have quite perfect audio quality.
* Extracting and encoding run parallel.
* Extensive filename schemes.
* Filename editing with local and remote CDDB/FreeDB database.
* Metadata correction tools like capitalize etc.
* Multi-profile ripping (with one commandline-encoder per profile).
* Fetch covers from the internet and store them in the database.
* Create playlists, cover and template-based-info files in target directory.
* Creates ripping and encoding protocols.
* Transfer files with KDE KIO-Slaves.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: As LAME still can't handle unicode characters correct, Audex uses since version 0.73 eyeD3 for tagging mp3 files, if available. It is highly recommended to install eye3D on your system if you create mp3 files with Audex! **
Changelog 0.77 beta 1 (Borås release)
* Removed store discid file feature as this is useless considering info file feature
* Integrated new playlist module (relative filenames in playlists and playlist merging)
* Minor bugfixes, code modifications and typo fixes...
Changelog 0.76 beta 2 (well-work release)
* Some minor code fixes
* Cue sheet writer now follows the file format specs (not using OGG and FLAC anymore)
* Some minor bugfixes...
Changelog 0.76 beta 1 (uddebo release)
* Fix google cover fetcher
* Fix compile issues with GCC 4.7
* Small bugfixes...
Changelog 0.75 beta 1 (kray release)
* New variable: Total number of audio tracks
* New variable: Audex name and version
* New variable: Encoder name and version
* Extended eyeD3 command line (total number of tracks, Audex name and version, Encoder name and version)
* New feature: Use Unity DBus API to show overall progress, and current track number.
Changelog 0.74 beta 1 (daktari release)
* New feature: Simple cue sheet support (but does not detect pregaps yet)
* New feature: Single file rip
* New feature: Adds MD5 to hashlist options
* Fixes some issues with cover browser
* Uses external image viewer to show cover
* Bugfix in Ogg Vorbis settings widget
* Ogg Vorbis setting widget now allows to set fractional quality values
* Bugfix in commandline for FAAC
* 2 digits track number option for filenames
* New parameters for file name scheme variables: left (see kde.maniatek.com/audex for full documentation)
* New helptext for scheme wizard dialogs
* Pattern of playlists, hashlists and cover files now need a $suffix variable
* Some more small bugfixes...
Changelog 0.73 beta 1 (alive release)
* New feature: Use eyeD3 for MP3 tagging if available
* Bugfix: Crash on cancel
* Fixes some compile issues with GCC 4.5
* Some cosmetic fixes
* English language fix: Uses the word "folder" instead of "directory"
* Uses KDiskFreeSpaceInfo for calculating free space on a device
* New feature: Uses mimetype icons for profiles and allows user to change these
* Settings in profile editing dialog now grouped with tabs
* Fixes a crash when adding a new profile via the UI
* New feature: New simple view of the ripping progress dialog
* Adds more detail to CDDB errors
* Some small bugfixes... (thx to all reporters!)
Changelog 0.72 beta 1 (last-for-long-time release)
* Some bugfixes...
Changelog 0.71 beta 5 (hot summer release)
* Slightly improved czech translation (Pavel Fric)
* Slightly improved german translation (this is already not perfect!)
* Minor bugfix.
Changelog 0.71 beta 4 (justice release)
* Updated header information (all GPLv3+ now)
Changelog 0.71 beta 3 (urban release)
* Dutch translation (Kenny Verstraete)
* Portuguese (Márcio Moraes)
* Bugfix: Slider update
* Bugfix: Update profiles after loaded from external file
Changelog 0.71 beta 2 (anticipation release)
* Some minor bugfixes...
Changelog 0.71 (beautiful spring release)
* Czech translation (Pavel Fric)
* German translation (Thomas Kamps)
* New feature: Replace spaces with underscores in path- und filenames
* New feature: Context menu for track listview
* Bugfix: "Copy profile" function does not update listview
* Bugfix: Corrected FLAC command line preset
* Bugfix: Taking over changes in CD data for tags
* Changed FAAC filename suffix from AAC to M4A
* Optimized FAAC command line preset
* Does not overwrite discid file on multi cd any more
* Many small bugfixes... (thx to all reporters!)
Changelog 0.70 (patchwork easter release):
* Many GUI changes/fixes
* More user-friendly common encoder quality selection (ogg vorbis,mp3,flac,faac,wav,custom)
* KIO slave transfer
* ListView -> TreeView and checkboxes to select which tracks to rip
* Squash "/"-or-"\""-in-filename-bug
* Merge playlist, checksum file on multi-cd
* Recognizes "(disc 1)" "(disc 2)" in cd title
* Many, many small bugfixes... (thx to all reporters!)
Changelog 0.62 (cold winter release):
* Removed leaning effect of cover reflection and added a slight blur effect to the reflection
* Profile combobox now works as expected (I hope... :-) )
* Perform auto cddb/cover lookup
* Resized coverfetch dialog (640x480 minimum size)
* New variable $cover for sending a temporary cover file to a command line endcoder
* Small bugfixes... (thx to all reporters!)
Changelog 0.61 (xmas release):
* Many bugfixes
* Beyond the "confusing" xml naming scheme, you can use "normal" variables instead
Changelog 0.6 (free weekend release):
* New XML-based scheme definitions.
* Assistant will help you creating profiles.
* Cover fetching from amazon works again (rewritten).
* Store SFV files for the music files.
* Store text files with predefined information.
* A lot of Bugfixes...