Minimum required Qt 4.x
|Submitted: Apr 14 2008|
Updated: Aug 27 2009
eXaro it's a free report engine similar to Jasper or Crystal Reports.
eXaro can be embedded very easy in any Qt application. eXaro has an integrated preview with search and export (in different formats) capabilities.
eXaro came with an visual designer.
eXaro can be extended very easy. No XML is required just a simple subclass of ItemInterface class. For more informations see (libs/report/iteminterface.h).
If you have suggestions or you found bugs please contact us http://sourceforge.net/projects/exaro
*** We need help ***
Here is some opened jobs:
- help us with docs
- help us with Mac OSX
Starting with 1.60 version eXaro need some libs to be fully functional:
- propertyEditor http://code.google.com/p/propertyeditor/downloads/list it is used to build the report designer.
- Zint http://www.zint.org.uk/
it is used to build barcode plugin (remember this plugin is build only if you choose GPL license)
For eXaro >=1.90.0 you should use official zint v2.2.0
for eXaro < =1.80.0 you can download a "stable" snapshot from http://code.google.com/p/exaro/downloads/list
- quazip [url] http://sourceforge.net/projects/quazip/[/url]
or you can download a "cmaked" snapshot from http://code.google.com/p/exaro/downloads/list it is used to build ods export plugin.
Debian (SID) users looking for packages please follow http://debian.licentia.eu
* Initial Arabic and French translations.
1.90.0 (2.0 RC)
* On linux show backtrace symbols.
* Update the barcode plugin, now it's require zint v2.2+.
* More bugfixes.
1.80.0 (2.0 beta)
* Debian sid/(8)Ubuntu 9.04 packages (http://debian.licentia.eu/)
* Items selection is more pretty
* + formula item.
* + Italian translation
* + pie chart item
* + wizard. Now report can be generated very fast and easy.
* + bug fixes (windows crash, segfaults, etc.)
* + eXaro designer can now load helper toolbar plugins. eXaro now came with a font toolbar, which help you to set fonts more easy.
1.60.0 (2.0 alpha 1)
* add LGPL v3 license
* switch to cmake build system
* start chart framework
* finish undo/redo
* finish open/save items
* rewrite the paint engine, now eXaro is >40x faster.
* make gui more pretty
Starting today (02-02-2009) eXaro is relicensed under GPL and LGPL v3.
for more info see:
* segfault --
* now you can add custom baseclasses uis to exaro
* finish drawPolygon.
* rewrite the paintengine, now this exaro can render 100 page in less 10 seconds.
* remove "switch paiting system"
* Sync with zint project (1.6.1)
* Synt with qrencode project (3.0.3)
* Mem leak --
* Finished Romanian and Russian translations
rc 10 (final rc)
* new home for eXaro. http://exaro.sourceforge.net
* added Romanian and Russian translations.
* improved desktop metrics detection.
* added data inspector for query editor.
* bug fixes.
* switch all measurements to metric system. This make eXaro device/platform independent.
* added menu and mime support for linux and windows platforms.
* added windows installer.
* change name to eXaro
* added overlay band. Thanks to Mikhalov Alexander (aka AlFoX).
* added picture item. Thanks to Mikhalov Alexander (aka AlFoX).
* added Object Inspector
* rewrite preview.
* Many, many, many, bug fixes. Thanks again Alexander.
* activate -> triggered signal for qaction
* bug fixes
* update zint lib to 1.6 (http://www.zint.org.uk)
* ui improvements
* bug fixes
* added barcode item. Barcode item is based on Zint library which provides support for over 30 barcode symbologies
in an open source package released under the GNU General Public License. Currently supported
Code 11, Standard Code 2 of 5, IATA Code 2 of 5, Industrial Code 2 of 5, Interleaved Code 2 of 5,
Code 2 of 5 Data Logic, ITF-14, Deutche Post Leitcode, Deutche Post Identcode, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-2,
EAN-5, EAN-8, EAN-13, UK Plessey, MSI Plessey, Telepen Alpha, Telepen Numeric, Code 39,
Extended Code 39, Code 93, PZN, LOGMARS, Codabar, Pharmacode, Code 128, EAN-128, NVE-18, Code 16k,
PDF417, MicroPDF417, Two-Track Pharmacode, PostNet, PLANET, Australia Post 4-State Symbols, RM4SCC,
USPS OneCode, GS1 DataBar, DataBar-14, DataBar Limited, DataBar Extended, DataBar Stacked,
Composite Symbology, Data Matrix, QR Code, Maxicode, FIM and Flattermarken.
The home of libzint is
* qt designer
* lots of bug fixes
* Items can be controled with keyboard. Press Alt to move by 5, press Ctrl to move by 1 and shift to resize.
* lots of bug fixes
Debian (SID)/ (*)Ubuntu 9.04 users looking for packages please follow http://debian.licentia.eu
GPL and LGPL v3.